The RT-500-M direction finder system fully meets the steadily increasing needs of modern civilian and military search-and-rescue organizations. Emergency beacons that operate on the 406.028 MHz Cospas-Sarsat frequency can be reliably identified and localized. Like all RHOTHETA direction finder systems, the RT-500-M features complete MOB functionality to ensure the safety of SAR crew members. That makes the RT-500-M direction finder system a complete solution for professional SAR organizations.
Although the RT-500-M was optimized for use in high sea states, this direction finder system is also suitable for stationary VTS applications.
- Universal multi-band direction finder: VHF aviation and marine band, UHF aviation band, Cospas-Sarsat frequency
- Automatic monitoring of emergency frequencies during work on other frequency bands
- High reception sensitivity to permit detection of extremely weak or distant signals
- High direction finder accuracy, precise and stable display
- LAN, NMEA, RS-422 and RS-232 interfaces for system integration and remote control
- Optimized for use at sea: robust construction, waterproof (IP67) display/control unit and antenna
- Compact broadband antenna system (Patent DE 4421759 C1)
- Graphic TFT color display, especially bright (450 cd/m 2)
- Remote control unit for exterior control platform with full control and display functionality
- Complete illumination with automatic dimming as a function of ambient light conditions