_Safesea – EPIRB1 Pro
- Approved for use on SOLAS vessels
- Most compact Float Free EPIRB / 30% Smaller Footprint (typically)
- State of the art 66 channel GPS receiver for fast and accurate position acquisition
- Float Free bracket, automatic release housing with Hydrostatic Release Unit
- High intensity strobe lights
- 10 Year Battery Life
- Intuitive operating controls protected from accidental activation
- Meets or exceeds all International standards including IMO and GMDSS
- Class 2 EPIRB (-20°C – +55°C) for general use
- Non hazardous battery
This EPIRB is fitted with a 121.5MHz homing beacon used by rescue services for close-in location of vessels in distress. In addition, the EPIRB is fitted with a high brightness LED strobe light for additional impact, especially at night. For emergency situations where a user is not physically able to reach the EPIRB in time, The EPIRB1 Pro also comes complete with a Category I Automatic Release Housing (commonly referred to as ‘float free’). This ensures that the EPIRB is automatically deployed from the bracket by the internal Hydrostatic Release Unit, and then also automatically activates and floats to the surface to send your distress message to the satellite network.
The Automatic Release Housing (ARH) also includes a convenient adapter providing multiple retrofit options. Use the adapter to easily mount the ARH using the same mounting holes that were previously used for older and larger EPIRBS such as the Ocean Signal E100/E100G, Jotron Tron 60s, and McMurdo E5/G5.